If you’re already making a world of difference as a foster carer, and whether you have a child or young person living with you already, or not, transferring to us is a simple process.
Maybe you’re already fostering with us. If you’re fostering with your Local Authority in Wales, then you’re already part of the wider Foster Wales team.
If you are currently a foster carer with a private agency, we have a lot of experience of the transfer process and will ensure that the process is as straightforward as possible.
Here’s everything you need to know about transferring to Foster Wales Wrexham.
benefits of fostering direct
Foster Wales Wrexham is part of a network of not-for-profit Local Authority fostering services, all of our funding goes directly into the fostering service we provide.
All children who need a foster carer are the responsibility of the Local Authority. By fostering direct with us, you’ll be connected to every professional involved in a child’s care. We have local knowledge of both our children and our foster carers. We understand the realities of life in Wrexham.
Being part of our team in Wrexham means you’ll always be heard, respected, supported and valued as an integral part of our fostering team.
what we offer
- A support network of over 100 foster carers based in Wrexham.
- A comprehensive learning and development programme, which includes both face-to-face, virtual learning & online self paced, with specialist training and development where required.
- An individual learning record and development plan, filled with all of the transferable skills and experiences you will have gained along the way, and sets a path for your future.
- Professional support 24/7 for advice, guidance or support. You will never feel alone with us.
- Access to our foster care support groups, regular events and activities where you can get closer to other foster families, gain new experiences, friendships and lasting memories.
- Significant financial support and generous allowances.
- Free membership of The Fostering Network (TFN) and the Association for Fostering and Adoption (AFA) Cymru.
- Max card and Cadw membership along with access to various discounts.
how to transfer
Transferring to us is easier than you might think. You just need to get in touch with our team for a friendly chat, no pressure.
We will talk about why you want to transfer and whether we can meet your fostering expectations.
When you’re ready to transfer, we’ll be here to support you throughout.